This is a basic primer on roulette, things you should know if you’re a beginner, and includes general advice, tips and info that should help you as you learn to play roulette.
- You need to understand that an American roulette wheel gives the casino an advantage of about 5.4% versus an advantage of only 2.7% on a European roulette wheel.
- Conclusion-American roulette is not a great game, and European roulette is a much better game.
- The difference between American and European roulette is the number of possibly outcomes. American roulette has 38 outcomes, and European roulette only has 37 outcomes. The America roulette wheel has two “0”s, a “0” and a “00”. The European wheel only has one “o”.
- The five number bet in roulette is the worst bet, with a house edge of over 7%.
- If you can find a casino that offers a surrender option with their roulette game, you can cut the house edge in half on even money roulette bets.
- There’s no such thing as a professional roulette player. Roulette is a negative expectation game, and if you play long enough, you will lose.
- The Martingale system is popular, and can be fun, but it doesn’t change the negative expectation of the game. In the long run, you will still lose your bankroll playing roulette, even with the Martingale or any variation of it.
- Chances are that you’re not going to find a biased roulette wheel. Even if you do, if you figure it out and start winning money on it, the casino is probably going to bust you.
- Dealer tracking doesn’t really work either.
- Don’t expect to win. If your expectation is to relax and enjoy yourself, then roulette might be well worth playing, but the surest way to avoid disappointments in life is to lower your expectations.
Click here for more gambling advice. Also, if you want to read more about this game, check out our internet roulette page. Another great site with information about Microgaming’s progressive roulette game is Roulette Royale. And our newest article on roulette is how to win at roulette. And if you’re interested in learning about the payouts on the different roulette bets, we have info on that too.