Free Blackjack Tips & Advice
Here’s a list of general blackjack tips and advice. This information is provided free for your enjoyment and entertainment.
- Understand that blackjack is a skill-based game.
- Understand that played correctly, blackjack is probably the best bet in the casino, both online and offline.
- Understand that the object of the game is NOT to get as close as you can to 21 without going over.
- The object of blackjack is to beat the dealer. This is the beginning of all basic strategy decisions.
- The house edge if you play perfect basic strategy is about 0.5%. Learn and master basic strategy.
- Not using basic strategy will increase the house advantage to between 2% and 3%. That’s a huge difference, and you should understand exactly what that means in dollars per hour.
- Don’t take insurance unless you’re counting cards.
- The fewer the decks the better, assuming all other playing conditions are equal.
- Stay far away from single deck games where blackjack pays out at 6 to 5. The house advantage is horrendous in that variation.
- Learn to count cards. Basically, counting cards means keeping up with the ratio of high cards to low cards in the deck. You’re more likely to hit a blackjack when the deck is rich in tens, so you should increase your bets accordingly.
- If you can count cards and play perfect basic strategy, you can have an advantage over the casino.
- You won’t win all the time. Don’t expect to, even if you count cards.
These blackjack tips and this blackjack advice is the beginning, not the end of blackjack wisdom. It’s a starting point, and it’s a good starting point. Go back and read it again, and learn the salient points. And if you already know everything on this list, then go play blackjack and count cards and make money.
Click here for more gambling advice. And if you want to read more about playing blackjack online, click here. You might also be interested in our article about blackjack odds, or our article about blackjack basic strategy.