The goal of this page is to provide a simple one-page tip sheet with some strategies and advice for new baccarat players who are just learning how to play. It’s not a long article, and it’s not a detailed article-it’s just a summary of some of the most important and salient points someone needs to know about baccarat and/or mini-baccarat before they start playing.
- Baccarat is a guessing game.
- There is no real strategy, because it’s just a guessing game.
- The only decision in baccarat is whether to bet on the player or the banker.
- The house edge is 1.06% for bets on the banker, and 1.24% for player bets.
- Don’t bet on the tie. The house edge on this bet is over 14%.
- Don’t bother trying to spot a pattern. Patterns will appear and disappear because of standard deviation, but you will not be able to predict future occurrences based on past occurrences in baccarat.
- You can’t count cards in baccarat. Not realistically anyway.
- Some baccarat games offer a 4% commission on the banker bet. This reduces the house edge to 0.6%, making it one of the best bets in the casino, or at least one of the bets with the lowest house edge.
- Baccarat and mini-baccarat have the same rules. The difference is just the limits you’re playing for.
- Mini-baccarat tables are a good place to get started.
If you understand that baccarat is more or less a coin toss guessing game, then it’s an excellent casino game to play. There’s a certain panache involved at the baccarat table that makes it very entertaining, and the house edge is very low compared to a lot of casino games.
Click here to view information about playing baccarat online.
Click here for more gambling advice.
Other Sites: Online Casino Gambling